Tuesday 29 July 2014

Examples of self-awareness

Since I started my biohacking experiments, I've become aware of the effect that everyday activities has on my performance, mood, energy levels etc. The problem is that the result of a particular activity may not manifest immediately but only after a period of time. I'll give you a couple of recent examples of where I'm starting to correlate things which in the past may have passed me by. It's very interesting!

The post-sushi energy crash

A few weeks ago I needed a quick lunch. I normally have some kind of salad but didn't have time to prepare one, so I grabbed a pack of sushi instead. About 45 minutes later I was in a meeting and noticed that I was having trouble focussing, that my energy and concentration had dipped. If I have a salad for lunch I don't get that. This is the post-carb crash we've all heard about.
I used to have a lot more carbs in my diet and most evenings I would nod off on the sofa after dinner. Now I no longer think this is 'just what happens' but is directly related to what I had to eat before.

29-July-2014: Spring water and wifi

A few months ago I switched to drinking only spring water after listening to Dr Jack Kruze. One of his top recommendations for higher performance is to install a Reverse Osmosis water filter to get rid of fluoride and chlorine from the water supply. These are alleged to impact the structure of water in the body, impacting performance and wellness. And fluoride in the water is alleged to impact thyroid healthy by competing for absorption with iodine.
Before investing in a RO water filter I wanted to see if I could tell any difference, so for 3 or 4 weeks we drank only spring water at home and at work. After a while I noticed that I could feel tingling in my fingers while I was using my iphone - I could feel the wifi and cellular signals. That was about 3 months ago.
Since then we've gone back to plain old 'council pop' out of the tap and I no longer can feel the EMF from the phone.
I'll switch back to using spring water and see if I notice the effect again. I'll report back.

29-July-2014: A night with the boys

At the weekend I played poker with the boys. On Sunday night I noticed that my arthritis was bad and that my hips were stiff and still were the next morning. During the card evening we ate some crappy food like Doritos and chips with artificial flavourings and additives. I drank a bunch of wine. The following morning I felt OK because I'm taking lots of anti-oxidant supplements so I wasn't hung over; my liver was able to deal with the immediate aftermath. But the other stuff has taken a couple of days to work through my system and I think it's that which has led to a flair up in my symptoms.
Saturday night: bender
Sunday morning: not bad
Sunday night: stiff, tired.
Monday: stiff. Took a sauna at lunchtime which helped. Very tired in the evening.
Tuesday: 84% sleep quality. Early morning phone call. Average energy.
I'll see if I notice any similar correlation next time things get bad.

19-August-2014: Feel the wifi

I've been drinking primarily non-tap water for the past couple of weeks, either bottled spring water or filtered rain water. I still have a couple of cups of tea with mains water at work but that's about it. Once again, I can feel the tingle of EMF - wifi and cellular signal - in my fingers from my phone! 
I now have my phone in 'airplane' mode with just the wifi enabled for most of the day. I turn the wifi off if I need to put the phone in my pocket.
In fairness, I've also been sleeping 'grounded' for the past couple of weeks too. I'll write a separate post about that, however it's worth noting that the first few nights I couldn't sleep through the night due to tingling and numbness, then I would wake up feeling 'buzzed', but the past few nights I've slept very soundly. Has this also increased my ability to sense EMF?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

spring water and wifi - interesting - maybe the evolution wants to equip us with wifi receivers. Would be useful.

Unknown said...

Good blog - keep them posts coming.

TrickiDicki said...

I always thought that Talking Heads were ahead of the curve...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjYDJtX_-E